West Bengal Civil Service WBCS Syllabus & Exam Pattern 2019 Download for Civil Service Mains Exam Previous Papers Question Papers available here. WBCS Civil Service Prelims / Mains Exam date & Centre announced at online. WBCS Civil Service Prelims / Mains Syllabus for get Following the page. WBCS Civil Service Mains Exam Date mentioned below the page. WBCS Syllabus for PDF get following the page. WBCS Civil Service Sample Papers, WBCS Civil ServiceModel papers, WBCS Civil Service old Examination papers, WBCS Civil Service Previous Papers and etc. WBCS Civil Service Answer key, Result, Cut off, Merit List and etc.
WBCS 2019 West Bengal Civil Service Syllabus for PDF Download
For the convenience of applicants, we have provided the complete WBCS Syllabus for Pre/ Mains and Exam Pattern on this web page. Therefore check the WBPSC Civil Service Exam Syllabus on this Page. On this Page, we have given the WBPSC Civil Services Prelims & Mains Exam Syllabus. Aspirants who are going to attend the Exam can check the West Bengal Civil Services Group A, B, C & D Syllabus. Individuals can also download WBCS Exam Syllabus in PDF form by pressing the available link.
WBCS Mains Admit Card – Download Here – Check Here
The Preliminary Examination is meant to serve as a Screening Test only for the purpose of selection of candidates for the Main Examination. The marks obtained in this examination by the candidates will not be considered for final selection. Only those candidates who will be declared qualified at the Preliminary Examination in a year shall be eligible for admission to the W.B.C.S. (Exe.) etc.(Main) Examination of that year.
WBCS 2019 Mains Exam Date
Mains Exam Date
25-07-2019, 26-07-2019, 27-07-2019 and 28-07-2019
|Admit Card||Download Here – Check Here|
A candidate must have the following qualifications which should be clearly stated in the application. The qualifications prescribed in the advertisement are as per the notified recruitment rules issued by Govt. Candidates must fulfil the essential qualifications by the closing date.
A degree of a recognized University.
|WBCS 2019 West Bengal Civil Service Syllabus & Exam Pattern Summary|
|Name of Exam||Civil Service|
|Board of Organization||West Bengal Public Service Commission WBPSC|
|No of Vacancy||Updates Soon|
|Date of Mains Exam|
25-07-2019, 26-07-2019, 27-07-2019 and 28-07-2019
|Category||Syllabus & Exam Pattern|
The W.B.C.S. (Exe.) etc. Examination consists of two parts – (1) Written Examination and (2) Personality Test. Written Examination will be held in two successive stages, viz., (i) Preliminary Examination (Objective Type) and (ii) Main Examination (Both Objective and Conventional Type). A number of candidates to be selected on the results of the Preliminary Examination will be allowed admission to the Main Examination and a number of candidates to be selected on the results of the Main Examination will be called to appear at the Personality Test.
Important Dates / Admit Card Released Date
Written Exam Preparation Tips
Dear Job Seekers! Here in this webpage we shall discuss Written Exam Preparation Tips Tricks while candidates appear before their written examinations. It is not an easy task to crack a written exam either in any government or private sector because vacancies seldom very less instead of eligible applicants.
Most of candidates think that they will crack the particular written examination as per their performance but no one knows that other contenders did well than them that is why merit goes up because there is a lot of difference between reality and fantasy.
WBPSC Civil Service 2019 WBCS Preliminary Examination Details
Syllabus for WBPSC Civil Service 2019 WBCS (preliminary)
- English Composition 25 Marks
- General Science
- Current events of National & International Importance
- History of India
- Geography of India with special reference to West Bengal
- Indian Polity and Economy
- Indian National Movement
- General Mental Ability
West Bengal Syllabus for English Composition
- Idioms and Phrases
- The same words are bearing more than one meaning.
- Vocabulary test
- Phrasal Verbs
- Use of appropriate and qualifying words etc
WBCS 2019 Syllabus for General Science
- General appreciation and understanding of science.
- Including matters of everyday observation and experience.
West Bengal Civil Services Exam Syllabus For History
- Emphasis will be on the broad general understanding of the subject in its social.
- Economic and political aspects.
WBCS Preliminary Syllabus for Geography of India
- Social and Economic Geography of the country.
- Including the main features of Indian Agricultural and Natural Resources with special reference to West Bengal.
WBCS Pre Syllabus for Indian Polity and Economy
- Panchayati Raj
- Knowledge of the country‘s Political System.
- Community Development and Planning in India.
Indian National Movement
- Nature and character of the Nineteenth Century Resurgence.
- The Growth of Nationalism and Attainment of Independence.
West Bengal Civil Services Prelims Syllabus for General Mental Ability
- Logical perception
- Natural conclusion
WBPSC Civil Service 2019 WBCS (Mains)
Paper I : Bengali/Hindi/Urdu/Nepali/Santali – Letter writing (within 150 words) / Drafting of Report (within 200 words), Précis Writing, Composition and Translation from English to Bengali/Hindi/Urdu/Nepali/Santali
Paper II : English – Letter writing (within 150 words) / Drafting of Report (within 200 words), Précis Writing, Composition and Translation from Bengali/Hindi/Urdu/Nepali/Santali to English
Paper III : General Studies-I : (i) Indian History with special emphasis on National Movement and (ii) Geography of India with special reference to West Bengal.
Paper IV : General Studies-II : Science and Scientific & Technological advancement, Environment, General Knowledge and Current Affairs.
Paper V : The Constitution of India and Indian Economy including role and functions of the Reserve Bank of India.
Paper VI : Arithmetic and Test of Reasoning.
WBCS Mains Syllabus for Bengali/ Hindi/ Urdu/ Nepali/ Santali Syllabus
- Precis Writing
- Drafting of Report
- Letter Writing
- Translation from English to Bengali/ Hindi/ Urdu/ Nepali/ Santali etc
WBCS Main Syllabus 2019 for English
- Letter writing
- Drafting of Report
- Precis Writing
- Translation from Bengali/Hindi/Urdu/Nepali/Santali to English etc
WBCS Syllabus 2019 for General Studies
- Ozone Layer & related issues
- Geography of India.
- Indian National Movement.
- General Science.
- Indian History.
- Geography of West Bengal.
- Scientific & Technological Advancement.
- Global Warming.
- General Knowledge
- Biodiversity and Coastal Regulation Zone.
- Industrial & Environmental Pollution.
- Current Affairs – National & International etc.
WBCS Exam Syllabus 2019 for Indian Constitution\
- Central Finance Commission
- Constitution of India
- Role & Functions of RBI
- Planning process & Objectives of five years plan
- Central State Relation
- Indian Economy
- State Finance Commission
- Functions of RBI and Monetary Policy
- Fiscal Policy of Government of India
PSC West Bengal Civil Service Exam 2019 Syllabus for Arithmetic & Test of Reasoning
- Diagrams Series
- Logical Deduction
- The implication of sentences
- Letter Series
- Data Sufficiency
- Number series
- Analogy tests
- Data Interpretation
- Logical Reasoning
- Mathematical puzzles
- Symbol Interpretation
- Perception test
- The Odd man out
- The forcefulness of the Arguments
- Non-verbal reasoning etc
WBPSC Civil Services Syllabusfor Optional Subject
- Comparative Literature.
- Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science.
- Civil Engineering.
- Commerce and Accountancy.
- Computer Science.
- Electrical Engineering.
- Mechanical Engineering.
- Medical Science.
- Political Science.
Previous Year Question Papers & Model Papers
Exam Pattern for WBCS Civil Service 2019
|1||English Composition||25||2 hours 30 minutes|
|3||Current Events of National & International Importance||25|
|4||History of India||25|
|5||Geography of India with special reference to West Bengal||25|
|6||Indian Polity and Economy||25|
|7||Indian National Movement||25|
|8||General Mental Ability||25|
The WBPSC Civil Service Preliminary Exam will Consist only one paper.
In West Bengal PSC Civil Services Executive Prelims Exam, Questions are asked from General Studies.
It is an Objective type Examination.
The Papers Consists of 200 multiple-choice questions.
Each question carries one mark.
The Exam duration is 2½ hours.
|1||Written Test||I||Bengali/ Hindi/ Urdu/ Nepali/ Santali||200||3 hours|
|III||General Studies – I||200||3 hours|
|IV||General Studies – II||200||3 hours|
|V||Indian Constitution & Indian Economy||200||3 hours|
|VI||Arithmetic & Test of Reasoning||200||3 hours|
|VII||Optional Subject (Paper – I)||200||3 hours|
|VIII||Optional Subject (Paper – II)||200||3 hours|
|2||Personality Test||200 Marks|
The West Bengal PSC Civil Services Main Exam consists of 6 Compulsory papers and 1 optional Subject of 2 paper (Only for Group A & B applied candidates).
WBPSC Civil Services Mains Exam consists of 8 Papers.
Each paper contains 200 questions and carries 200 marks each.
The Time duration for each Paper is 3 hours.
Tips for preparation of written examination
- All candidates should give maximum time to their study regularly.
- Candidates should make their study time or schedule of the day and accordingly start to preparing i.e. make sure to divide your entire time between all related subjects and prepare accordingly daily.
- Candidates requires to maximum use of flow charts and diagram to understand deeply the concern topic.
- Candidates must regular practice to solve old year examination papers; with this you will be able to increase your knowledge as well as time accuracy.
- Group study is very useful to crack any written examination so we therefore advise to all concern contenders to make a group of eligible and suitable friends and study combindly one or two hour in a day and arise your question before them and explain your answer to others too.
- Time breaks is also essential while preparing hard for any written examination so after 2-3 hours study candidates should take a break of 15-20 minutes for mind fresh.
IDENTITY VERIFICATION for WBCS 2019 West Bengal Civil Service Prelims / Mains
The original certificates/documents of successful candidates will be verified for which dates will be notified after declaration of result. On the basis of written test, the provisionally qualified candidates will be required to produce original certificates of Essential and Desirable Qualifications along with one set of photocopy, duly attested,
The candidate’s identity will be verified with respect to his/her details on the call letter and in the Attendance List. If identity of the candidate is in doubt the candidate will not be allowed to appear for the Online Examination.
- Certificates and Mark sheets of qualifying examinations.
- Aadhar card.
- Proof of Educational Qualifications.
- Date of Birth Certificate / S.S.C
- School Study Certificate
- Declaration by the Unemployed (For claiming examination fee exemption)
- No Objection Certificate from Employer (if anywhere employed)
Latest Advertisements / Announcement
- LIST OF CANDIDATES RECOMMENDED FOR APPOINTMENT AGAINST ANTICIPATED AND CLEAR VACANCIES IN THE WEST BENGAL JUDICIAL SERVICE ON THE RESULTS OF THE WEST BENGAL JUDICIAL SERVICE EXAMINATION, 2018 (ADVT. NO. 10/2018)
- SELECT LIST OF CANDIDATES QUALIFIED ON THE BASIS OF THE RESULTS OF WEST BENGAL JUDICIAL SERVICE EXAMINATION, 2018(ADVT. NO. 10 / 2018)
- DETAILED ADVERTISEMENT AND SCHEME AND SYLLABUS FOR WEST BENGAL CIVIL SERVICE (EXE.) ETC. EXAMINATION, 2019 (ADVT. NO. 29/2018)
- DETAILED ADVERTISEMENT AND SCHEME AND SYLLABUS FOR WEST BENGAL LEGAL SERVICE EXAMINATION, 2018 (ADVT. NO. 28/2018)
How to Download WBCS 2019 West Bengal Civil Service Prelims / Mains Syllabus & Exam Pattern
Visit official Website www.pscwbonline.gov.in
Find the link and open the page
Enter your registration no or date of birth
Show on your desktop for WBPSC